About this organisation
Care for the Carers are a charity set up to help and assist unpaid carers in East Sussex. They provide information, advice and guidance to carers, counselling to help manage the emotional side of a carer role, and organise various groups such as those aimed at youth volunteers and specific carers like those helping someone with mental health issues.
About this opportunity
They are looking for (up to 4) volunteers to help at community events, promoting the work they do supporting unpaid carers.
Volunteers will be:
- Attending public events such as fetes, fairs, fundraising events and community projects to promote the work of Care for the Carers.
- Talking to members of the public about Care for the Carers.
- Setting up and taking down the Care for the Carers stand.
- Working with the Community Development Worker to plan engaging stands and identify suitable events to attend.
What you will need
- To be confident and outgoing, able to speak to members of the public.
- Your own transportation or access to public transportation, as events take place across East Sussex and often at weekends. Events more likely to take place in the Summer months. Travel expenses will be paid.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
For more information
For more information please either come in and see us in the Uckfield Volunteer Centre, or call us on 01825 760019, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org