About this organisation
Age UK East Sussex is an independent local charity. They’ve been working in the local community to help older people for 70 years, with 40 dedicated staff and over 190 amazing volunteers helping to deliver services and activities for older people in East Sussex.
About this opportunity
As part of the Telephone Befriending Team, you will call clients for a once-a-week chat. This will be invaluable to them as many are feeling lonely since the Pandemic and haven’t yet regained their confidence to go out and about.
It has become apparent during and since Covid that there is a genuine need for this vital service.
• To call a client(s) assigned through the Co-ordinator.
• Call once a week at a mutually agreed time.
• Try to maintain a light-hearted chat.
• Liaise with the Age UK East Sussex Team Coordinator.
• Raise any issues with Age UK East Sussex.
Skills you will need for this role:
• Good telephone and communication skills.
• Be personable.
• Email and digital skills.
• Trustworthy and reliable.
• Wants to help the local community.
This role can be performed from home, and the volunteer will decide how many hours they can contribute each week. Calls will be made from their phone but the number withheld.
As part of this role AGE UK ask that you attend any training and information days or group meetings as required, and adhere to the confidentiality policies laid out. Induction and training are provided, travel expenses out of pocket are reimbursed, and a required DBS check will be covered by AGE UK.
Role is only open to people aged 18 or over.
For more information
For more information please either come in and see us in the Uckfield Volunteer Centre, or call us on 01825 760019, or email us at email@example.com