About this organisation
Charity helping unpaid carers. They offer free practical and emotional advice, run support groups and training across the country.
About this opportunity
Help provide a supportive, safe, fun environment for young carers at a monthly young carers group on Tuesday evenings in Eastbourne. Support activity days during the school holidays (depending on availability). Days out include trips to the zoo, paintballing and outdoor adventure activities.
The role will involve:
- Attending monthly club for young carers aged 8-17
- Providing support for activities at the club such as games, sports, arts and crafts
- Providing general supervision of children and young people
Helping to set up and clear away before and after the group.
What they are looking for
They need someone who is happy with planning activities, mentoring and sharing your skills with young people, be happy to talk and listen to everyone, a keen photographer and a real team player. Be happy doing both outdoor and indoor activities.
• Comprehensive training and induction program
• Opportunities for further learning and development as appropriate, including additional training in first aid or youth work
• Regular support and guidance from the volunteer coordinator
• Expenses paid (in line with care for the carers policies)
If you would like more information about being a volunteer for Care for the Carers, please call the Uckfield Volunteer Centre on 01825760019 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org