About this organisation
SSAFA (The Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association) is a UK charity that provides lifelong support to serving men and women and veterans from the British Armed Forces and their families or dependents. Anyone who is currently serving or has ever served in the Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force and their families, both regulars and reserves, is eligible for their help.
About this opportunity
SSAFA Helpers provide support to local SSAFA branches so that the service to veterans and their families can run smoothly. Perhaps you could help out at an event, take care of some office admin or give a talk about SSAFA?
We have peak times throughout the year when we need extra volunteers. Whether you enjoy organising behind the scenes or being out meeting the public, we need people who can offer some time on a flexible basis.
What you will need
- Friendly and approachable manner with a cheerful attitude
- Good communication skills and written English
- Ability to represent SSAFA and its values to potential clients, their families, other agencies, potential volunteers and potential funders
- Ability to keep within the boundaries of the role with regards to safeguarding, giving advice etc.
- Reliable attitude, keep appointments, update the branch regarding your availability
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and keep information safely
- Access to transport if needed for your role
- Ability to provide two referees: former employers or other people that know you well (other than relatives)
For more information
For more information please either come in to see us in the Uckfield Volunteer Centre, or call us on 01825 760019, or email us at email@example.com