The Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) are the main provider of community NHS health and care across Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, High Weald Lewes and Havens and West Sussex, providing essential medical, nursing and therapeutic care to adults, children and families.
Your role will be a ‘Friendly Face’ and to provide a welcoming environment to members of the public as they enter the Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC) or Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) by greeting them on arrival, registering their details, and signposting to other services.
What you will be doing
- Be the first point of contact, meet and greet patients on arrival at the MIU. Log details of all patients attending the unit on a database (System 1)
- Advise staff of new arrivals
- Be a friendly face to talk to patients in the waiting room, advise them on potential waiting times/how busy the unit is.
- Stocking flyers
- Reassuring patients and directing them to facilities such as refreshments/toilets
- Direct patients to other departments (e.g. X-Ray) on occasions.
- Notifying staff if any patients are distressed.
- Help organise policy folders and in the unit with Health Care Assistants
- Undertake any appropriate administrative tasks to support staff.
- Help with putting stock away
The skills you need
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be patient and listen
- Self-motivated; with an ability to think on your feet and work independently
- Professional and friendly demeanour
- Punctual and dependable
- Demonstrates empathy and compassion
What’s in it for you
- Learn new skills, become part of a team, make new friendships and help with career and employment opportunities
For more information please either come in and see us in the Uckfield Volunteer Centre, or call us on 01825 760019, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org