We provide a free hearing aid maintenance and batteries check on the first Thursday of every month from 10am until midday.
You can also obtain hearing aid batteries from us at any time we’re open (see our opening hours).
These services are available to anyone who uses an NHS hearing aid and is registered for Audiology Services in Eastbourne.
If you’re having trouble with your hearing aid, try these tips:
- If your hearing aid has a volume control, make sure this isn’t turned down.
- If your hearing aid has a loop program, check it isn’t switched on.
- Make sure the battery is inserted properly.
- Replace the battery.
- Check the tubing isn’t blocked with wax. If it is, you can use the cleaning wire to remove it.
- Check that the tubing isn’t damaged or pinched.
If these steps don’t help, then visit our Thursday maintenance clinic or contact the NHS Audiology Services.